Panel Discussion: The evolution of safety measurement frameworks
Join Work Science in partnership with AIHS for the next Evolution of Safety Measurement Frameworks Panel Discussion. This session will be thought-provoking, using innovative research and live examples of how safety measurement frameworks are changing across construction and infrastructure.
A 2021 project undertaken led by Work Science on behalf of Health Infrastructure sought to understand the landscape for safety measurement as applied by its principal contractors on significant development projects. Further insights were sought through consultation with other state government agencies and academics. At the time of this submission, the project is in progress. This session will share insights from this research project and changes that were made to construction industry safety measurement frameworks.
Title: The evolution of safety measurement frameworks
This panel discussion will address:
• Evolution of safety measurement in construction and infrastructure
• Emerging trends moving from compliance to curious questioning
• Panellist views on Griffith University / BIS Oxford Economics ‘The cost of doing nothing’ report May 2021 and the draft ISO45004 Occupational health and safety management — Guidelines on performance evaluation
• Expert leaders and their lessons learned
• Predictions on future state and options for collaboration across industry
The panel will engage with participants to exchange ideas and contribute to a shift of thinking in professional, organisational, strategical, and political domains. Bring your burning questions!